Blackheads! Let me be your guide on how to get rid of blackheads! To avoid scarring. Well, blackheads are small bumps or scar on the face that contains a plug of oil secretion in the skin pores. They are technically known as comedo.
Nonetheless, it’s seen as the commonest type of Acne though individuals with oily skin are most vulnerable to this acne. And it is formed when their skin pores become blocked with the combination of dead skin cells and oil known as sebum from the sebaceous gland.
Comedo is said to appear open or closed and is known as either blackheads or Whiteheads respectively.
Where can you find blackheads in your body?
Well, blackheads are commonly noted to be seen on the face but they can also be seen in other parts of the body such as;
How Can You Get Rid Of Blackheads
Don’t fret, there is a way out. The question then should be how to get rid of blackheads without scarring. And also prevent further outgrowth. Well, there are a few derma-endorsed methods and also a handful of over-the-counter exfoliators to help get rid of blackheads and prevent scarring.
Wash off Daily
- Take up a daily skin routine by washing up regularly. This act will help reduce excess oil, dirt, or soot that can build up, block pores and lead to blackheads formation. This can be achieved by taking a two-step cleaning routine which are;
- Oil-based cleanser: For face wipe-off, maybe to remove make-up or other facial pollutants. Cleansers such as macadamia, argan, olive oil or coconut oil.
- A milder and calmer cleanser that tends to prepare the skin before other treatments such as tea tree oil, and rosewater aloe.
Use Natural Scrubs Or A Face Mask
These natural scrubs or face masks can help exfoliate the skin by removing blackheads and also preventing clogs of skin pores. This exfoliator can be naturally formulated and routinely done at home
- Sugar as a natural exfoliator: Sugar is a natural exfoliator used for removing and preventing blackheads. Mix a cup of white sugar into 3 tablespoons of oil like olive oil, almond oil, and natural baby oil. Use the mixture once weekly but can be applied twice for an extremely oily face. When applied, rinse with lukewarm water and do not wipe.
- Oatmeal: 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 3 tablespoons of natural yoghurt and a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix and use as a mask on a clean and slightly wet face for 15 minutes then wash off. Oatmeal has been proved by the journal of Drugs and Dermatology to have anti-inflammatory, exfoliating and skin ameliorating ingredients.
- Egg white: Create a mixture of 3 egg white and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. This mixture may be quite sloppy, you can use a soft paintbrush to apply. Allow the mask to dry, apply a second layer then allow it to sit for 15 minutes then wash off. Egg whites can be used as a natural exfoliator because it’s has been noted to have skin tightening properties.
To get more tips on self-care, check out the Posts Below
- 9 Top Skincare Tips That Actually Work
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 11 Tips for Growing Longer Hair Quickly
- 13 Best Fat Burning Food to Eat- Food to Lose Weight and Belly Fat
Use Of Local Cleanser
Cleansers help get rid of blackheads hence breaking oil plug build-up and clogs and also preventing further blockage. Alongside a skincare ritual. This process takes time and It includes;
- The use of Salicylic acid
It is an over-the-counter cleanser from willow trees and can replace benzoyl peroxide. Its component takes care of both blackheads and whiteheads because it peeks away pore plugs by removing excess oil and also dead skin cells. Using a cleanser that contains salicylic acid can also help get rid of oil, makeup and daily face soot?
- Alpha hydroxy acids
Regular usage of this topically exfoliate removes clogs, and prevents pore build-up. It also helps in removing the top layer of the skin. Hence improving wrinkles and age spots gives rise to softer skin
- The use of Tea tree oil
This topical application contains specifically anti-inflammatory and antibacterial elements which helped soot and daily dirt.
Generally, these practices can also help keep Blackheads away:
- Use of creams are lotions suitable to get rid of blackheads.
- Have an immediate change of clothes after any metabolic activities such as sports to avoid clogs of bacteria in sweat to skin.
- Desist from wearing tight clothes in other to allow your skin to breathe
- Clean and wash up day-to-day or after perspiration.
If after 8 – 10 weeks you have no favourable result, please see a dermatologist for professional assistance.
Thanks for your comment, Vincent. We’re glad you enjoyed it.