The last time the Pantone Color Institute chose a colour of red descent was in 2007 when they came out with the bold and sophisticated Chili Pepper. This year 2023, they have released another vibrant colour from the family of red, the Viva Magenta 18-1750. So, waste no more time, go ahead and decorate your space with viva magenta to key into the high energy for the year.
In nature, the Pantone colour for the year originates from the cochineal beetle. This beetle produces carmine dye, a strong and brilliant dye. Therefore, it is thoughtful on the part of the Pantone team to give the world an avenue to express its strength and brilliance at a time when so much is happening around us. We have also provided you with some insight into how you can decorate your home with viva magenta. Thereby tapping into the magical colour of the year.
Why You Should Decorate Your Space With Viva Magenta
No need to stall on your decision to decorate your home with the 2023 Pantone colour of the year. Why? Firstly, you may have lived other years through 2022 on the quiet side, getting by the day without enthusiasm. If you wish for this to change, splashing viva magenta here and there in your home can inspire the change you desire.
Generally, red is a highly emotive colour that can bring out the excitement and power buried within you. Moreso, within all the vibrance and excitement that the Pantone 18-1750 brings lies a subtle energy of warmth and relaxation.
On the other hand, if you already feel powerful and passionate about the year, this colour from the family of red can help you make a statement about your mood. Also, you will maintain your high energy with ease when you decorate your space with viva magenta.
Inspiring Ways To Decorate Your Space With Viva Magenta
Except for 2016 and 2021, the Pantone team mostly releases only one colour every year. Since it is more appealing to design a home with more than one colour, you will have to decide which colour(s) you will combine with the 2023 Pantone colour. See some colour options you can combine to decorate with viva magenta.
Touch Up Your Living room
Maybe you do not want to change the painting on your wall this year. You don’t have to. There are varied options for the Pantone colour of the year 2023 interior design.
- Use wallpapers: If the paint on your wall will make a good blend, use viva magenta wallpaper on one or two sides of your wall to infuse a new look for the year.
- Think Ceiling: Who said only walls could be painted? Painting the ceiling is an unconventional way to decorate your space with viva magenta. Because it’s a heavy colour, Pantone 18-1750 will reduce the visual height of the living room, giving it a warm and cosy feel.
- Accentuate with furniture and accessories: Transform or add a touch of viva magenta to your furniture and accessories: chairs, tables, area rugs, throw pillows, curtains, etc. Because it is a bold colour, you do not have to try too hard to make it visible.
Warm up Your Bedroom
What part of the house needs the warmth of viva magenta more than the room? This is the space from which you begin and end your day. Hence, it is important to keep it at maximum energy.
- Design the wall: Make your desired flowery or patterned designs on the wall using viva magenta paint. Half-wall painting is also a good idea. The colour of the year can take the lower part of the wall while you paint the upper half with a light colour.
- Switch up your beddings: From the bedsheets to the pillowcases and blanket, they all give you multiple chances to decorate your space with viva magenta.
- Do not ignore the furniture and accessories: Like with the living room, bring the furniture to play in this colour animation. The curtains, other accessories and shelves should not be left out.
- Make the most of art: Find beautiful artworks painted in viva magenta. If you enjoy DIY, you can paint some yourself and make a statement with the Pantone colour of the year 2023 interior design.
See new ways you can touch up your home to give it a new look this new year
Redesign the Kitchen & Dining Area
There is hardly any family gathering that does not involve these spaces. The kitchen and dining area often hold so much love and enthusiasm. It is therefore thought to design these spaces with the Pantone colour of the year which signifies all things beautiful and powerful.
- Get new utensils: There is no harm in changing your utensil once in a while and now might just be the best time to do that. Go for utensils with the Pantone 18-1750 colour. Then watch how it brings a different aura to your kitchen and dining room.
- Bring in nature: The only thing better than viva magenta is a flower which viva magenta as its colour. Therefore, there is no better way to decorate your space with viva magenta than by using flowers that have this colour. Flowers like Alstroemeria Isa, Achillea Dried Per Bunch Fuchsia and Alstroemeria Heartbreaker are good examples. You can use them as centrepieces on the dining table or keep them in any convenient spot in the kitchen.
Tip: You may want to go for dried flowers since they tend to last longer – up to a year – if you care for them properly.
- Fixtures count too: Yes, they do. Hence, you can repaint the cupboards and shelves or design them with wallpapers of viva magenta colour.
- Ardon with table mat and cloth: The dining table is in the centre of the dining room. Hence, anything on it will influence the aura of the room. To maintain or improve the positive vibe and excitement that comes with dining, decorate with viva magenta. You should use adorable table clothes and/or mats
Transform the Outdoor
Any area that is not within the house is obviously outdoors. Whether it is a patio, gazebo or sit-out. These are also part of your house. Hence when you want to decorate your home with 2023 Pantone colour of the year, you shouldn’t leave them out. Moreso, most fun activities happen here and it is a good thing to boost the joy of the moment with a colour that releases similar energy.
- Decorate your space with viva magenta ornaments. Design your outdoor space using the ornaments and accessories that best fit the setting. If you have room for throw pillows, area rugs and table clothes, then make the best of it.
- Plant flowers of this colour. Now that we are outside, there is enough room for you to decorate your space with viva magenta flowers. Do not restrict yourself to the vases. You can also make them into mini fences or trim and shape them into beautiful art.
Some people may not fancy making permanent changes in their homes to suit the Pantone colour of the year. There are many ways to decorate your space with viva magenta without making permanent or outrageous changes in your home. The ideas in this article can guide you in deciding how best you can infuse this year’s colour into your home.
If you find the tips we have shared here helpful, kindly let us know in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply