Choosing the right colours for your bedroom walls is a crucial aspect of designing a comfortable and appealing space. Any two colour combination for bedroom walls that you choose can affect the overall ambience of the room. I can also make a significant impact on your mood and sleep quality.
With so many colour options available, it can be overwhelming to decide which ones will work best for your bedroom. In this article, we will explore 9 of the best two-colour combinations for bedroom walls, and explain why these combinations work well together.
Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls You Should Try
1. Light Blue and Grey
Make your room exactly what it should be, a place of relaxation. Light blue is often associated with tranquillity, calmness, and serenity, which makes it an ideal colour for a bedroom. It’s a colour that can help to reduce stress and promote a sense of calmness, which is important in a space that you dedicate to rest and relaxation.
Gray on the other hand is a neutral colour that pairs well with light blue. It’s a versatile colour that can create a sense of balance and harmony in a space. Gray also has a calming effect and can help to create a peaceful and tranquil environment.
When you combine these two colours, they give your room a cool and serene atmosphere, which can help to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
2. Navy Blue and White
Talk about class, sophistication and timelessness. This dark and bright colour combination gives this appearance to your bedroom. Navy blue is a deep, rich colour that creates a sense of calmness and serenity. It is also associated with feelings of stability, trust, and loyalty, which can help to create a sense of comfort in the bedroom.
Whereas white is a neutral colour that pairs well with navy blue. It’s a bright and airy colour that can help to create a sense of openness and spaciousness in a room. White also has a clean and fresh feel to it, which can give your room a sense of sophistication.
Combining these deep and light colours creates some balance in your bedroom. It also gives your space an elegant and inviting aura. This colour two colour combination for bedroom walls works well in both traditional and modern designs.
3. Beige and Ivory
If you want your room cosy and soft, you should go for this colour combination. Beige is a neutral colour that has warm undertones of yellow, orange, or pink, which can create a feeling of warmth and comfort in a room. It’s a versatile colour that pairs well with many different colours and styles, making it a popular choice for bedrooms.
Ivory is a soft, creamy shade of white that can add depth and warmth to a bedroom. Also, it creates a sense of luxury and sophistication, and it can help to create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere in the bedroom.
Together, beige and ivory create a soft and elegant colour palette that is perfect for creating a cosy and inviting bedroom. You can use this colour combination in many different bedroom styles, from traditional to modern.
4. Olive Green and Beige
This combination will make your room calm, with an earthy and organic feel. Olive green is a natural colour that’s associated with peace, growth, and harmony. Like most shades of green, it gives an organic appearance and a touch of nature.
As we saw earlier, beige, is a neutral colour that has warm undertones of yellow, orange, or pink. It, therefore, creates a calming and soothing feel in the bedroom, making it the perfect complement to the earthy and natural tones of olive green.
Due to their versatility, you can use these two colour combination for bedroom walls for rustic or modern-style bedrooms.
5. Pink and White
For a more feminine touch, merge the airy white with the soft pink. White is a clean, bright and airy colour that creates a sense of calmness and serenity in the bedroom. It is also versatile and pairs well with different colours.
Pink, on the other hand, is a warm and soothing colour that’s often associated with love, compassion, and relaxation. It’s a soft and gentle colour that can help to create a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere in the bedroom. Pink is also a versatile colour that comes in many different shades, from pale pink to deep magenta, making it easy to incorporate into many different bedroom styles.
White and pink two colour combination for bedroom walls is great because it creates a soft and romantic atmosphere that’s perfect for a peaceful and relaxing space. Also, you can accent it with metallic or wooden finishes to create a luxurious and elegant space.
Check out these articles to find more amazing things you can do to transform your room
6. Black and White
Black and white is a classic and timeless two colour combination for bedroom walls. It creates a clean and sophisticated atmosphere that’s perfect for a modern and stylish space.
Black is a powerful and dramatic colour that can add depth and contrast to a room. It is often associated with sophistication, elegance, and luxury, making it a popular choice for modern bedroom designs. Black can also create a sense of calmness and serenity in a space when used in moderation.
Earlier, we saw the unique qualities and feeling white colour adds to a space. When you pair that with black you get a striking and bold aura. Moreso, the combination works well with sleek and minimalist furniture and accessories, such as metal or glass finishes, to create a clean and uncluttered space.
7. Purple and Grey
If luxury and elegance are what you want for your room, think purple and grey. Purple is a rich and regal colour that’s often associated with luxury, creativity, and spirituality. It’s a versatile colour that comes in many different shades, from deep eggplant to soft lavender, making it easy to incorporate into many different bedroom styles.
Whereas grey is a neutral colour that’s often associated with calmness, balance, and stability. It’s a versatile colour that can create a sense of sophistication and elegance in a space, making it the perfect complement to the richness of purple.
Together, purple and grey create a luxurious and sophisticated atmosphere that’s perfect for a relaxing and serene space.
8. Light Green and Cream
Choose tranquillity and growth for your space with this refreshing combo. Light green is a fresh and soothing colour that’s often associated with nature, growth, and renewal. It’s a calming colour that can help to reduce stress and anxiety, making it a great choice for a bedroom. Light green also has a cool undertone, which can create a sense of freshness and tranquillity in the space.
Cream, on the other hand, is a warm and neutral colour that can help to create a cosy and inviting atmosphere in the bedroom. It’s a versatile colour that pairs well with many different colours and styles, and it can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to the space.
This colour combination works well with natural materials and textures, such as wood or linen, to create a serene and organic atmosphere. You can also accent it with metallic or wooden finishes to add interest and depth to the space.
9. Brown and Blue
This is a good two colour combination for bedroom walls option if you are looking for simple and warm. Brown is a natural and earthy colour that’s often associated with warmth, comfort, and stability. It’s a versatile colour that comes in many different shades, from deep chocolate to light tan, making it easy to incorporate into many different bedroom styles. It can create a cosy and inviting atmosphere in space and has a calming effect on the mind and body.
Blue which is associated with calmness and tranquillity also comes in different shades from pale sky blue to deep navy. To get the best out of this combination, pair a light shade of blue with a dark shade of brown and vice versa.
Different Ways of Combining Two Colours When Painting A Bedroom
- Colour Blocking: This involves painting one wall in one colour and another wall in another colour. For example, you could paint the main wall in a bold shade of purple and the other walls in a neutral shade of grey.
- Accent Wall: This is similar to colour blocking. Here you paint one wall in a bold or vibrant colour and the other walls in a neutral or complementary shade. For example, you could paint the wall behind the bed a deep green and the other walls a soft cream or beige.
- Ombré Effect: For the ombré effect, you blend two colours together to create a gradual transition from one shade to another. For example, you could paint the bottom half of the wall in a dark shade of blue and gradually lighten the colour as you move up the wall. You can combine navy blue and white this way.
- Stripes: This involves painting alternating stripes of two different colours. For example, you could paint vertical stripes of pink and white or horizontal stripes of navy blue and white.
- Geometric Shapes: This requires a bit more creativity. You will use painter’s tape to create geometric shapes or patterns on the wall. Then paint each shape a different colour. For example, you could create a hexagonal pattern on the wall and paint each hexagon a different shade of green.
Things To Consider When Choosing Two Colour Combination For Bedroom Walls
- Personal Style: The colours you choose should reflect your personal style and taste. Consider the colours you love and feel comfortable surrounding yourself with.
- Mood: Different colours can evoke different moods and emotions. Think about the mood you want to create in your bedroom, such as calm, cosy, or energizing.
- Lighting: The amount and type of natural and artificial lighting in your room can affect how the colours look. Consider how the colours will look in different lighting conditions and times of the day.
- Room Size: The size of your bedroom can affect how the colours look and feel. Darker colours can make a room look smaller, while lighter colours can make a room feel more spacious.
- Furniture and Decor: Consider the colours of your existing furniture and decor items in your bedroom, as well as the colours you plan to add. The colours you choose for the walls should complement and enhance the overall look and feel of the room.
- Colour Combination: The colours you choose should work well together and create a cohesive look. Consider using a colour wheel to help you choose colours that are complementary or analogous. You can refer to the colour combinations suggested earlier.
Although there are several two colour combination for bedroom walls, some of the best are listed in this article. However, these options are still quite a handful and it may be hard to decide which colour is best for your room. To help you make a better decision, there is also a list of things to consider when choosing two colours for a bedroom wall. Make the best of your colour combination choice using the different painting patterns suggested.
If you found this article helpful, kindly let us know in the comment section below
Leave a Reply