Easter is a wonderful time to gather with family and friends to celebrate the spring season and the renewal of life. A big part of the celebration is enjoying delicious meals together. From traditional Easter ham to lighter fare like salads and vegetables, there are many delicious ideas for Easter meal that will make your Easter one to remember. In this article, we will explore some mouth-watering ideas that are sure to impress your guests.
Breakfast Ideas for Easter
Make a delicious breakfast for Easter from these ideas for Easter meal
1. Breakfast Strata
Duration: 1 hr 20 mins
- 4 c. cubed bread
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Fontina, divided
- 1 c. frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, and chopped
- 1 c. halved grape tomatoes
- 1 c. sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/4 c. torn basil, for garnish
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 9″x13″ baking dish. Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up large pieces with a spoon, until golden, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the bread, 1 cup cheese, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and cooked sausage gently.
- Fill the prepared baking dish halfway with the mixture. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and there is no liquid remaining.
- Before serving breakfast Easter, garnish with basil.
2. Chocolate & Banana French Toast
Duration: 18 mins
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- 1 ripe banana
- 75g milk chocolate, chopped
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar or extra maple syrup (optional)
- Put the banana in a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Mix in the chopped chocolate until well combined.
- Place two slices of bread on your work surface. Spread the chocolate and banana mixture between them, almost to the edges. To make a sandwich, top each with a second slice of bread and press them together.
- Whisk together the eggs, double cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a shallow dish. In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Place one sandwich in the egg mixture to coat one side, then carefully flip it over to soak both sides in the egg.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side, until golden brown and the chocolate, has begun to melt, in a hot frying pan. Continue with the second sandwich. To serve, cut the sandwiches in half and top with a little ground cinnamon and either icing sugar or extra maple syrup if you’re feeling particularly indulgent.
3. Choc-Cherry Muffins
Duration: 40 mins
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g butter (melted)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 140g dried sour cherry
- 150ml pot natural yoghurt
- 100g bar white chocolate (cut into chunks)
- 100g bar dark chocolate (cut into chunks)
- 100g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and bicarbonate of soda, then stir in the cherries, chocolate, and sugar.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, yoghurt, and butter until well combined. It doesn’t matter if the mixture looks lumpy; what matters is that you don’t overmix or the muffins will be tough.
- Fill the paper cases halfway with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until risen and golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool. They are especially tasty when served slightly warm.
Easter Ideas for Lunch
We share three unique Easter lunch ideas. These lunch ideas for Easter meal can also serve as great Easter brunch recipe Easter lunch idea
4. BLT Pasta Salad
Duration: 25 mins
- 1 12-oz. package bacon
- 1 16-oz. box fusilli or curly pasta
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 3/4 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-pint grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 c. romaine lettuce (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 c. red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 c. dill or parsley (chopped)
- 1 1-oz. packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fat has rendered and the bacon is golden and crispy. Then drain the rendered fat from the skillet.
- Allow the bacon to cool to room temperature before crumbling it into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, then rinse with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, ranch seasoning, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. To the dressing, add the pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, dill, and half of the crumbled bacon. Fold together gently to coat. Serve with the remaining bacon.
5. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Duration: 8 hrs 10 mins
- 1 lb. dried split green peas
- 8 oz. ham (cubed)
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 pieces of celery (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs parsley (chop some for serving)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Fill a colander halfway with split peas. Rinse them thoroughly and pick through them for any small pebbles or debris
- Put the peas, carrots, onion, garlic, celery, chicken stock, ham, and 1 1/2 cups water in the bottom of a slow cooker. Tie the thyme, parsley, and bay leaf sprigs together with kitchen twine before adding them to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high heat, or 8-10 hours on low heat, until the peas are tender and split to thicken the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with chopped parsley on top.
6. Spinach and Potato Bake
Duration: 1 hr 10 mins
- 6 potatoes (peeled)
- 600g pumpkin
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 100g spinach
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup cheese (grated)
- 12 eggs
- 300ml thickened cream
- Salt or pepper
- To make this recipes Easter brunch, preheat the oven to 180C, lightly grease a lasagne dish and dice potatoes, pumpkin and carrots
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook until tender and all the liquid has evaporated. Then put into a lasagne dish.
- Next, mix eggs and cream until combined. Then season with salt or pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and top with cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown
Discover new recipes and healthy meal ideas in the articles below
Dessert Ideas for Easter
Desserts ideas for Easter are among the important ideas for Easter meal and you can find some below. These Easter desert recipes are easy to make in a short time.
7. Waffle Cookies With Strawberry Buttercream
Yields: 6 – 12
Duration: 15 mins
- 3/4 c. strawberries (freeze-dried)
- Waffle cookies
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. (6 oz) sugar
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- For 2 minutes, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Continue beating for 1 minute after adding the cream, vanilla, and salt
- Next, fold the mixture in crushed strawberries and sandwich it between waffle cookies.
8. Peepsie Treats
Duration: 30 mins
- 7 c. Rice Krispies
- 9 4-count packages Peeps
- 4 1/2 tbsp. butter
- Cooking spray
- Grease an 8-x-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper.
- Put 2 1/3 cups Rice Krispies, 12 Peeps of one colour, and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave for 40 seconds, or until Peeps widen and butter melts. Combine with a spatula or greased hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish, then press till flat. Do the same for all colours.
- Refrigerate for 15 mins or until solid, then slice and serve.
9. Sweet Strawberries
Duration: 35 mins
- 2 pt. halved strawberries
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Sprig of mint
- Stir the sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract into the bowl of strawberries. Allow macerating for 30 minutes at room temperature. The sugar will draw out the juices and turn them into a yummy syrup.
- Top with a sprig of mint and serve.
Dinner Ideas for Easter
Looking for some Easter dinners recipes? Here are ideas for Easter meal for Easter traditional dinner.
10. Creamed Peas
Yields: 4 – 6
Duration: 15 mins
- 1 medium shallot (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c. half-and-half
- 3 frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 c. crispy fried onions
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan. Cook the shallot until it is softened but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Keep stirring while sprinkling in the flour until it is well mixed and bubbly, 1 minute. Bring to a simmer after slowly stirring in the half-and-half.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens and the peas are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the vinegar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve in a serving bowl topped with fried onions.
11. Roasted Lamb
Duration: 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 (2 lb.) boneless lamb shoulder roast (tied with butcher’s twine)
- 2 lb. baby potatoes (halved if large)
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tsp. thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position the oven rack in the lower third of the oven. In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and pepper. Then rub the mixture all over the lamb.
- Toss potatoes with the remaining oil in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Place the lamb on top of the potatoes and roast for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°.
- Leave for 15 minutes, remove twine, then slice roast and serve.
12. Salmon Patties
Duration: 40 mins
- 2 (15-ounce) cans salmon (drained and bones removed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 c. saltine cracker crumbs
- 3 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley and lemon wedges (chopped)
- For this recipe Easter dinner, first combine the salmon, eggs, mayonnaise, scallions, cracker crumbs, and Old Bay in a mixing bowl. Then, divide the mixture into 8 2 1/2-inch patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and salt. Flour the patties. Fry in batches, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown and warmed through. Place on a wire rack to drain.
- Serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges
Easter is a time to enjoy the company of loved ones and indulge in delicious food. Whether you prefer traditional dishes or more modern twists on Easter classics, there are plenty of ideas to choose from to make your meal one to remember. From savoury mains to sweet desserts, there is something for everyone at an Easter table. We hope these ideas for Easter meal have inspired you to create a memorable Easter feast for your family and friends.
If you found these ideas helpful, kindly let us know in the comment section below
Leave a Reply